Top 10 funniest airport codes in the world
Funny airport codes can be found on airline tickets and luggage tags. These abbreviations are unique airport codes of airports all over the world. The codes have three characters and are assigned by the International Air Transport Association (IATA). The codes are also called IATA codes. These codes are used in the aviation world for logistical reasons. They also easily identify a specific airport with a simple shortcode. There are also some IATA identification codes that are quite special. We have listed our top 10 below;
Top 10 funny airport codes
|1||FUN||Funafuti International Airport||Tuvalu|
|2||CIA||Rome Ciampino International Airport||Italy|
|3||LOL||Derby Field airport||USA|
|6||YUM||Yuma International Airport||USA|
|8||TIP||Tripoli International Airport||Libya|
|9||HOT||Hot Springs Memorial Field||USA|
|10||BAD||Barksdale Air Force Base||USA|
Funny airport code gifts and souvenirsA nice gift tip; buy a souvenir with an airport code of your choice. Surprise someone by buying an airport souvenir through the best aviation gift shop online. Or choose from the many other airport-related gifts and keep your travel memories alive with a unique design product of your trip.
5 other funny airport code facts
- The airport code of Cochin International Aiport is COK. Named after the city of Cochin in India.
- Cat lovers might want to fly to CAT and cuddle at Cascais Airport, Portugal.
- If you are a real dog lover then try flying to DOG Airport Dongola Airport, Sudan.
- If someone goes to HEL they will probably travel to Helsinki Vantaa Airport, Finland.
- Los Angeles International Airport LAX stands for 'salmon' in Swedish.